Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Non-productive Week ...



It started Sunday afternoon with a visit from Papaw (my Dad). He wanted to take Walter & Sammy fishing - all night. Which is fine. The boys LOVE spending time with their Papaw. : ) So we packed up their clothes for an overnight fishing trip and off they went.

Monday morning I spent with Netflix. Once I start a series I have to finish it ... so since the kids were gone I watched tv curled up on the couch with my blanket and remotes. : )
Papaw brought the boys back home around noon or so. Walter ended up having an allergic reaction to something. My poor baby's face was swollen and he had a rash on both arms and neck. So off to the doctor's office we went to wait and wait to be seen. He worried the whole time about co op the next day. He didn't want to go if his face was still swollen. After finally getting back to see the doctor they gave Walter a shot and then a prescription. Needless to say we didn't really put in much book learning that day!

Tuesday morning Walter was normal looking. No redness or swelling! Yay!!! : ) So we got ready for co op. The boys are just loving their co op classes. They both have a gym and science class (loving science!).  Then Walter also has art, music, and bible studies. Sammy does a FIAR (Five in a Row) class for about 1 1/2 hours. On co op days we don't do homeschool studies at home unless we have a video to watch or something like that.

Today I fully intended to get some school work done ... really. But life just didn't agree with me on that one! The boys decided that 5 am was a good time to get up today. I really don't know what that was about. Walter complains and complains when I wake him up 7 am and Sammy is more slug than anything else during the mornings. LoL Moans and groans and wants to go back to bed. Today though they were both bright eyed and bushy tailed! It was like having morning people for kids. I was the total slug this morning! So Mom vegged out on the couch while the boys explored their morning super powers.

We did manage to get in a video about Japan before running off to the Paramount to see Mathemagic. Super cute show and funny! The boys complain about math, but they liked this guy with his magic tricks and they answered the math questions from the audience. Since I was sitting beside Sammy I could hear what he was saying clearly ... and I'm proud to say he was getting them all correct!!! From what I understand Walter knew what the answers were too. So I'm proud all over again! That's my boys! : )

So I guess the week hasn't really been all that unproductive after all. I just needed to write it down to realize it!

It may not have been a week for learning that I had planned but other learning did occur. Just hanging out with Papaw is a learning experience for anyone ... and there is all that nature when you are outdoors. Co Op provided some hands on learning and the boys were able to socialize ... they love making new friends! Our math show was a good reenforcement and made me realize how much they really have been learning during our math sessions at home.

It's great to be able to homeschool. It's wonderful to realize that your kids are learning even when you don't notice or think they aren't.

They fool you into thinking they really aren't learning what you are trying to teach. Then you sit here at the computer and start typing away and it hits you. They are paying attention! They are learning! You aren't the bad parent/teacher that you were thinking you were.

I'm off to hug my little ones and let them know I'm proud of them for being such good little learners!

No comments:

Post a Comment