Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

Awesome Chicken Noodle Soup

Last night for dinner I threw together a pot of chicken noodle soup. Normally I make this in a crock pot, but after all the compliments I received last night I do not believe I’ll ever make it that way again! : )

I popped 3 chicken breasts in the oven and cooked them. Then shredded two of them and cut the third into chunk size pieces.

In a large pot I added:
1 Large can of Cream of Chicken Soup & Water
1 Small can of Cream of Chicken Soup & Water
2 more glasses of water
The shredded and chunked chicken
LOTS of Pepper

Brought it to a boil then added a bag of Wide Egg Noodles and brought it to a boil again and cooked it for 7 minutes. Removed from heat. Served.

We had crackers and bread on the table.

Everyone had at least 2 helpings and talked about how good it was. I was so thrilled that Walter liked it so much. He’s always complaining about food, but this pot of chicken noodle soup very much appealed to him. : )

It was good. The “sauce” was thick, the noodles cooked up perfectly, and the combination of shredded and chucked chicken pieces were a nice compliment.

I just had to share this because my family loved it so. I may make nothing else ever again! : ) LoL



No comments:

Post a Comment