Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Getting Organized & Planning

So ... has everyone started back to homeschool??? We haven't. We are planning on starting back on January 9th.

I've spent the last part of last week and will use all of this week to get my act together. We are going to study the human body starting this month and I'm waiting for a book I ordered on Amazon.com (The Body Book) to get here for that. If it doesn't show I do have other things we can start with, but I'm looking forward to this book so that the boys can build a life size model of the body.

The local "school store" had a 50% off sale last week and I stopped by there and picked up some posters for the study and got them hung up today. Walter was already checking them out. : ) Plus a few other things ... if I just had all the money I wanted I could've bought the store out!!!

We'll also start units on George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, and President's Day. We have a lapbook from Hands of a Child, pocket book from Evan Moor, and a couple of little units from School Express that we'll be using for that.

We'll also continue with our Expedition Earth: A Journey Through God's World for geography and getting into multiplication hot and heavy too. The boys finished the first Handwriting Without Tears Cursive book and they'll start the 2nd one. They'll also start the WriteShop Book B this month. We'll start with writing a friendly letter.  I don't know if any of you know who Dr. Octagonapus (spelling?) is, but Mike says Sammy's letter will be like this:

Dear Walter,

Blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Love,
Sammy

: )  You have to know who the doctor is to really get that. : )  They really enjoy running around saying "Dr. Octagonapus ... Blahhh" or "I'm a firing my laser! Blahhh" On the Youtube videos he opens his mouth and kinda shoots out a laser while saying "blahhhh". I tell them I can defeat Dr. Octagonapus with a Tic Tac ... cause it must be stinky breath that he's shooting out of his mouth and melting people with. So we "argue" about if Dr. Octagonapus had bad breath or not.

Anyhow ... I'll be able to update the studies the boys are doing after next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment